Monday, December 5, 2011

RESPONSE TO A SOUTHERN CAMEROONS ADVOCATE

In my October 11 2004 reply to a compatriot over the SCNC issue, I wrote,

Hello my dear compatriot. I can understand your deep frustration. It is easy to blame others except ourselves. Self criticism is indispensable in any struggle. We failed in this third phase of the struggle because our leaders had not fully mastered the essence of the struggle, because they were not fully committed and because they lacked a national ideal or call it national ideology.

Now, over to Southern Cameroons. I was born and raised in the South West province and partly spent months every year in the North West since the age of eleven, was at the fore-front of implanting the SDF in the Southwest, worked for the party at all levels, and Akwanga Ebenezer (National president of SCYL) is my friend from the days when we started thinking political in secondary school. We were involved in a mission in 1991 and I spent two months in jail, to be released under the terms of the TRIPARTITE, and of course, I was no longer allowed back into the university. I blamed the system, and not Francophones for the mess that Kamerun is today and I consider all the different Kamerunian peoples as victims of the system. Akwanga Derek Ebenezer, my friend, later believed the problem was Francophones. I understood him after his hurt, but I do not accept his identification of the enemy. Most of SDF's supporters (70-80%) were Francophones and the party was largely funded by Francophones (more than 80%). Betrayals in the SDF over the essence of the struggle came mostly from Anglophones, leaving the SDF, the mess that it is today. In the SDF Anglophones in the leadership betrayed their francophone counterparts and not the other way around. I suggest you read "HOW COMMITTEED ARE WE IN THE STRUGGLE TO CHANGE THE PRESENT SYSTEM?" Check out Number 3. You will have a better insight from that.

Reunification was the right thing to do, but it has been badly managed because those who fought (Francophone union nationalists) and those who worked (Anglophone union nationalists) never got to power to manage it.

We have to work together as union nationalists to realize the total, complete and universal change for kamerun.

Have a nice day.

Janvier Tchouteu






--- Bamenda Women wrote:
>
> There is just one hope for southern
> cameroonians,are they prepare to fight for thier
> independece ,if so how prepare are they?.is there
> any ground work ready for that?i enjoyed your
> articles bye
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even
> more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment